Live-Chat mit Tektronix-Vertretern. Verfügbar von 09:00 - 17:30 Uhr CET.
Kontaktieren Sie uns telefonisch unter 1-800-833-9200
Verfügbar von 9:00 bis 17:00 Uhr (CET) Geschäftstage
TDS3BATB Product Recall Notice FAQ
1. Are the TDS3000 or TDS3000B oscilloscopes or TDS3BATB Lithium-Ion batteries being recalled?
Tektronix has issued a recall on TDS3BATB battery packs. No TDS3000, TDS3000B or TDS3BAT battery packs are being recalled.
Please visit the web site for more information on the recall, information on who to contact about the recall, or arrange for an RMA shipment.
2. Why has Tektronix issued the TDS3BATB Recall?
Tektronix has recently received reports of two incidents of TDS3000B oscilloscopes burning at customer sites. In both cases, the product had a TDS3BATB Lithium-Ion battery installed and was connected to mains (AC) power.
BECAUSE OF THE POTENTIAL FOR INJURY TO A USER OR DAMAGE TO PROPERTY, WE ARE IMMEDIATELY NOTIFYING OUR CUSTOMERS TO REMOVE THE TDS3BATB BATTERIES FROM ALL TDS3000 AND TDS3000B OSCILLOSCOPES AND RETURN THE BATTERY TO TEKTRONIX OR YOUR LOCAL AUTHORIZED SERVICE PROVIDER (ASP) FOR AN EXCHANGE FREE OF CHARGE.
3. How do I know if my oscilloscope is a TDS3000 or TDS3000B Series product?
The TDS3000 and TDS3000B Series instruments can be identified by the product label above the display on the front of the instrument. The model number follows the word Tektronix.
The model number is also written on the serial number label in the middle of the rear panel of the instrument.
4. What exactly do you mean by "TDS3000 or TDS3000B Series" oscilloscope?
The original TDS3000 Series included the TDS3012, TDS3014, TDS3032, TDS3034, TDS3052, and TDS3054 products.
The TDS3000B Series included the TDS3012B, TDS3012B-NV, TDS3014B, TDS3024B, TDS3032B, TDS3032B-AF, TDS3034B, TDS3044B, TDS3052B, TDS3052B-RF, TDS3054B, and TDS3064B products.
5. How do I know if my TDS3000 or TDS3000B Series oscilloscope has a TDS3BATB Lithium-Ion battery installed?
The optional battery is installed in the rear of the instrument, behind the battery compartment door. The battery nomenclature is written on the front of the battery pack, right after the word "Tektronix".
6. If my TDS3000B oscilloscope has a TDS3BATB battery installed, how do I remove it?
Open the battery compartment door on the rear of the instrument. Raise the handles on each side of the battery and use them to pull the battery out of the oscilloscope.
7. If my TDS3000B oscilloscope does NOT have a TDS3BATB battery installed, is the instrument safe to use?
8. My TDS3000 Series oscilloscope has a TDS3BAT Ni-Cd battery installed. Is the instrument safe to use?
9. I have an old TDS3BAT Nickel Cadmium (Ni-Cd) battery. How do I safely dispose of it?
Ni-Cd batteries must be recycled or disposed of properly. For the location of a local battery recycler in the U.S. or Canada, please contact:
Rechargeable Battery Recycling Corp.
call (800) 227-7379
or visit www.rbrc.com
10. I know someone who has a TDS3000B Series instrument. What should I tell them to do?
Ask them to visit the Tektronix Web site or contact their local Tektronix sales office or service center to learn about the safety notification. The Web site helps them to identify whether their instrument is affected.
11. How can I be notified of new safety information and other product-related information?
You can register your product at www.tektronix.com/register, so that Tektronix can notify you of important information related to your product. In addition, you will have access to a broad set of resources on the Tektronix web site, such as free software, manuals, calibration intervals and more.
12. If I have questions about this recall, whom can I contact?
13. Why has it been so hard to get a straight answer regarding WHEN we will receive our TDS3BATC replacement battery packs?
Tektronix believed the number one priority was to make our customers aware of the potential safety hazard. At the time the safety notice was issued, we were still undergoing engineering evaluations and design changes to eliminate the hazard and were unsure when the first replacement batteries would be available. Now we know that the first replacement battery packs will be available for shipment by the end of December.
On September 30th of this year, a fire stopped production at the Matsushita Battery factory which manufactures the Panasonic Lithium-Ion battery cells used in the TDS3BATC battery pack. This factory provided 15% of the worldwide supply of Lithium-Ion cells and the fire instantly created a worldwide supply shortage. We are completing the additional UL testing needed to substitute Sanyo Lithium-Ion cells in the TDS3BATC. Unfortunately, because of the worldwide shortage, Sanyo (and all the other providers) has put the cells on allocation. At the end of each month, we will be informed how many cells we've been allocated for the upcoming month. Matsushita is building a new factory for the manufacture of Lithium-Ion cells but is currently publishing a completion date of May, 2008.
Until the worldwide supply shortage is resolved, we will continue to be unable to guarantee a delivery date for the TDS3BATC battery packs. Tektronix regrets any inconvenience this may cause.