Live-Chat mit Tektronix-Vertretern. Verfügbar von 09:00 - 5:00 Uhr CET.
Kontaktieren Sie uns telefonisch unter 1-800-833-9200
Verfügbar von 9:00 bis 17:00 Uhr (CET) Geschäftstage
Option 6-CMDPHY (6 Series MSO) and Option DPHY12 (DPO/MSO70K C/DX/SX) Datasheet
MIPI D-PHY Transmitter Test Application
D-PHY or MIPI Display Phy is a standardized physical layer interface for connecting the Camera/Display to the Processor. This interface is predominantly used in mobile devices, infotainment systems and biometric sensors. This is a unidirectional bus with an explicit clock, up to 4 data lanes and consists of High Speed mode and Low Power mode. The High Speed mode is for fast data transfer and Low Power mode is for power saving to extend the battery life. The data flow in a display interface is from processor to the display device and from camera to the processor in the camera interface. The MIPI D-PHY Specification testing is done based on the Compliance Test Specification (CTS) and requires a board with dynamic switching of termination between Low power state and high speed mode.
The Tektronix TekExpress® D-PHY application offers a complete physical layer test solution for transmitter conformance and characterization as defined in the MIPI D-PHY v1.2 specification. The D-PHYTX automated test solution, along with a Tektronix 6 Series MSO oscilloscope, provides an easy way to test, debug and characterize the electrical and timing measurements of D-PHY data links.
- Fully automated solution
- Performs D-PHY transmitter test with single-button click across High Speed (HS), Low Power (LP), Low Power-High Speed (LP-HS), and Ultra-Low Power State (ULPS) sequences in the D-PHY signal.
- Select individual tests or groups of tests
- Improved test run time
- Eye Diagram Capability
- Displays the eye diagram of the High Speed signal with option DJA enabled on the scope for test 1.5.4, Data to clock skew test.
- Image Snapshot
- Option of including the snapshot of the first reference region of analysis in the captured waveform.
- 100% test coverage as per D-PHY v1.2, CTS v1.2
- Performs fully-automated tests including Bus Turn Around (BTA) and Ultra-Low Power State (ULPS) measurements, as per D-PHY specifications up to v1.2.
- Measurement variety
- D-PHY runs multiple scenarios like Continuous or Burst mode, Termination variations, and varying idle time.
- Transmitter conformance test and beyond (Debug)
- Easily modify limits of test parameters in TekExpress for debug, margin, and characterization testing
- Performs characterization by running TekExpress application in continuous mode to collect data
- Signal access
Use the low loading, single-ended or differential Tektronix TDP7700 (for 6 Series MSO) or P7700 (for 70K C/DX/SX Oscilloscopes) Series High Impedance TriMode probe to measure MIPI signals
Supports TekFlex™ accessories for flexible probing
- Offline and remote analysis
- Analyze live or pre-acquired waveforms
- Allows remote execution of tests
- Automotive camera and display
- Mobile camera and display
- D-PHY interface design
- System validation and integration
- Manufacturing test
Single-button fully automated D-PHY testing
The Tektronix TekExpress D-PHY application runs on 6 Series MSO with Option 6-WIN installed (Windows 10 operating system) and DPO/MSO 7000 C/DX/SX Series Oscilloscope. The close integration of the oscilloscope and test software provides an automated, simple, and efficient way to test D-PHY transmitter interfaces and devices consistent to the requirements of the DPHY Conformance Test Specification revision 1.2.
Measurement setup and test execution is simple with the D-PHYTX software. The intuitive Graphical User Interface (GUI) is laid out to represent the workflow from setup through testing, letting you focus on design and debug instead of setting up the measurements.
Simply select tests from the menu for HS, LP, and HS-LP groups as per specifications.
You can view the schematic of the selected test with a push of a button. You can also display a test connection diagram to avoid setup errors.
The report tab provides a view of the complete test results, pass or fail status, test margin, and images supporting the test results, for each lane of the DUT.
TDP7700/P7700 series TriMode probes for MIPI D-PHY TX measurements
MIPI D-PHY applications have special probing requirements due to the different signal measurement sources in High Speed and Low Power modes. In High Speed mode, D-PHY signals operate in terminated mode with differential signaling. In Low Power mode, D-PHY signals operate in unterminated mode with single-ended signals. Therefore, MIPI D-PHY has two key probing requirements:
- Provide a high impedance to minimize signal loading
- Need both Differential and single-ended mode probing
The Tektronix TDP7700/P7700 Series TriMode probes are designed to meet this measurement challenge. The TDP7700 (for 6 Series MSO) and P7700 (for 70K C/DX/SX) works with full AC calibration of the probe and tip's signal path, to provide the highest probe fidelity available for real-time oscilloscopes. The innovative new probe design uses SiGe technology to provide the bandwidth and fidelity needed today and in the future.
TriMode probing lets one probe setup take differential, single ended, and common mode measurements accurately, increasing your efficiency. This unique capability lets you switch between differential, single ended and common mode measurements on the oscilloscope, without moving the probe's connection point.
A key TDP7700/P7700 connectivity innovation is using solder-down probe tips with the probe's input buffer mounted only a few millimeters from the tip. This approach provides unmatched usability for connecting to MIPI D-PHY circuits.
Other TDP7700/P7700 Series probe characteristics include:
- An active buffer amplifier on the probe tips with the probe input only 3.2 mm from the buffer.
- Excellent step response and low insertion loss up to 8 GHz
- Low-DUT loading with 100 kΩ (DC) and 0.4 pF (AC) performance
- High Common-Mode Rejection Ratio (CMRR)
- Low noise
- D-PHY base specification
- Revision 1.2
- D-PHY CTS
- Revision 1.2
- Both High Speed and Low Power modes, including ULPS and BTA.
- Group 1 tests
- Data lane LP-TX signaling
- Data lane LP-TX Thevenin output high level voltage (VOH)
- Data lane LP-TX Thevenin output low level voltage (VOL)
- Data lane rise time
- Data lane fall time
- Data lane LP-TX slew rate versus CLOAD (δV/δtSR)
- Data lane LP-TX pulse width of exclusive-OR clock (TLP-PULSE-TX)
- Data lane LP-TX period of exclusive-OR clock (TLP-PER-TX)
- Group 2 tests
- Clock lane LP-TX signaling
- Clock lane LP-TX Thevenin output high level voltage (VOH)
- Clock lane LP-TX Thevenin output low level voltage (VOL)
- Clock lane rise time
- Clock lane fall time
- Clock lane LP-TX slew rate vs. CLOAD (δV/δtSR)
- Group 3 tests
- Data lane HS-TX signaling
- Data lane HS entry: data lane TLPX value
- Data lane HS entry: THS-PREPARE value
- Data lane HS entry: THS-PREPARE + THS-ZERO value
- Data lane HS-TX differential voltages (VOD(0), VOD(1))
- Data lane HS-TX differential voltage mismatch (ΔVOD)
- Data lane HS-TX single ended output high voltages (VOHHS(DP), VOHHS(DN))
- Data lane HS-TX common-mode voltages (VCMTX(1), VCMTX(0))
- Data lane HS-TX common-mode voltage mismatch (ΔVCMTX(1,0))
- Data lane HS-TX dynamic common-level variations between 50-450 MHz (ΔVCMTX(LF))
- Data lane HS-TX dynamic common-level variations above 450 MHz (ΔVCMTX(HF))
- Data lane HS-TX 20%-80% rise time (tR)
- Data lane HS-TX 80%-20% fall time (tR)
- Data lane HS exit: THS-TRAIL value
- Data lane HS exit: 30%-80% Post-EoT rise time (TREOT) value
- Data lane HS exit: TEOT value
- Data lane HS exit: THS-EXIT value
- Group 4 tests
- Clock lane HS-TX signaling
- Clock lane HS entry: TLPX value
- Clock lane HS entry: TCLK-PREPARE value
- Clock lane HS entry: TCLK-PREPARE + TZERO value
- Clock lane HS-TX differential voltages (VOD(0), VOD(1))
- Clock lane HS-TX differential voltage mismatch (ΔVOD)
- Clock lane HS-TX single ended output high voltages (VOHHS(DP), VOHHS(DN))
- Clock lane HS-TX common-mode voltages (VCMTX(1), VCMTX(0))
- Clock lane HS-TX common-mode voltage mismatch (ΔVCMTX(1,0))
- Clock lane HS-TX dynamic common-level variations between 50-450 MHz (ΔVCMTX(LF))
- Clock lane HS-TX dynamic common-level variations above 450 MHz (ΔVCMTX(HF))
- Clock lane HS-TX 20%-80% rise time (tR)
- Clock lane HS-TX 80%-20% fall time (tR)
- Clock lane HS exit: TCLK-TRAIL value
- Clock lane HS exit: 30%-80% Post-EoT rise time (TREOT) value
- Clock lane HS exit: TEOT value
- Clock lane HS exit: THS-EXIT value
- Clock lane HS clock instantaneous (UIINST)
- Clock Lane HS Clock Delta UI (ΔUI)
- Group 5 tests
- HS-TX Clock-to-Data lane timing
- HS entry TCLK-PREValue
- HS exit TCLK-POST value
- HS clock rising edge alignment to first payload bit
- Data-to-Clock skew (TSKEW (TX))
- Initial HS Skew Calibration Burst (TSKEWCAL-SYNC, TSKEWCAL)
- Periodic HS Skew Calibration Burst (TSKEWCAL-SYNC, TSKEWCAL)
- Group 6 tests
- LP-TX INIT, ULPS and BTA requirements
- INIT: LP-TX initialization period (TINIT, MASTER)
- ULPS entry: verification of clock lane LP-TX ULPS support
- ULPS exit: transmitted TWAKEUP interval
- BTA: TX-Side TTA-GO interval value
- BTA: RX-Side TTA-SURE interval value
- BTA: RX-Side TTA-GET interval value
- Probing configuration
- Single-ended and differential acquisition
- Edge trigger for clock lane tests in clock continuous mode. Choice of width trigger and transition trigger for all other tests and all other modes
- CSV, PDF, and MHT formats with images of all acquired waveforms
6 Series MSO Oscilloscope (MSO64) with 4 GHz bandwidth and above, with 6-WIN (removable SSD with Microsoft Windows 10 operating system)
MSO/DPO70000 C/DX Series Oscilloscope with bandwidth 4 GHz and above
DPO70000 SX Series Oscilloscope models (Four channel) with bandwidth upto 33 GHz
|MIPI D-PHY 1.2 Automated Compliance Solution||6-CMDPHY||New instrument license|
|MIPI D-PHY 1.2 Automated Compliance Solution||DPHY12||New instrument license|
|DPO-UP DPHY12||Upgrade license|
|6 Series MSO||TDP7708 Series Tri-mode probe with P77STFLXA solder−in tip with TekFlex connector technology||Four (recommended for connecting Dp, Dn, Cp, and Cn)|
|DPO/MSO70000 C/DX/SX Series||P7700 Tri-mode probe with P77STFLXA solder-in tip with TekFlex connector|
Recommended test fixtures
|TMPC−CTB D-PHY Termination Board (from The Moving Pixel Company)||TMPC 1|
1Contact your local Tektronix sales representative for details.